Our mission is to end child trafficking through a holistic approach focusing on prevention, protection and prosecution of perpetrators as well as minimizing demand.
We involve all actors in society and strengthen national and international coordination and collaboration in this field with a child rights based approach.Together with grassroots organizations and other leading experts we develop and advocate for powerful and durable solutions to end child trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Our guiding principles for our work, collaborative impact and selection of awarded member organizations are:
- All forms of exploitation of children are violence and must be incorporated in all relevant policies and programs targeting violence against children – on national, regional, and global level;
- Child rights based approach where integrating children’s human rights norms and principles in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all relevant policies and programs;
- Focus on children at particular risk of trafficking and exploitation in line with Agenda 2030 and “Leave no one behind”;
- Victim centered approach – focusing first and foremost on the needs of victims and not the interests of the state;
- Ensuring that survivors are given meaningful participation in all relevant processes;
- Recognition of human trafficking as a gendered crime, and prostitution as sexual exploitation and violence against women and girls;
- Recognition of the state as the primary responsible for prevention; protection (including victim support) and prosecution of perpetrators;
- Ensuring support to civil society organizations working in this field, allowing them to be an efficient, sustainable and influential complement to the state.